How to apply as a volunteer:
- Phone: Call us and register by phone at (604) 524-9944.
Ways to help through the year
- Envelope stuffing
Areas to Help at the 2016 Conference
(Volunteer applications will be available in Fall 2016)
- Audio/Video Assistants: help with camera operation, switchers, directors, power points, audio/video recordings, duplication.
- Audio/Video Sales: help with counter sales,use cash register, answer questions from the public.
- Backpacks: take in, store, and return backpacks.
- Billeting: provide accommodation for out-of-town missions guests.
- Children: assist in the children’s program with registration, activities, crowd control, etc. Police check within the last 5 years is required.
- Coat Check: take in, store, and return coats.
- Communications Dispatcher: help with two-way radio communication and dispatch.
- Facilities: assist with venue logistics, trouble shooting, traffic, moving equipment and people.
- Film Festival: Ticket takers and ushers, hand out programs, seat people and answer questions.
- Finance: pastoral references required to assist with offerings, bookkeeping, etc.
- Information Host: welcome people, answer questions, know details of the program guide.
- Missions Opportunities: information booth with access to the Missions Fest, exhibitors and related mission websites..
- Move-in/Move-out: assist with the moving of equipment and supplies during Set-up on Thursday and Friday morning and Take-down on Sunday afternoon.
- On-Site Office: Located in Exhibition Hall B, assist MF staff, answer questions from the general public and agencies.
- Parking: assist in the parking of vehicles in the MF Holding Lot at the waterfront – outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Photographers: take on specific assignments for a particular part of the conference.
- PowerPoint Operator (Experienced):prepare, operate Power Point for general sessions and youth rallies.
- Prayer: Pray for the world, missions, the conference; be available, if needed, to pray with others; help maintain a quiet prayer room.
- Seminar Host or Seminar Host Assistant: assist the host or the presenter with an introduction, seating, hand-outs and crowd control in seminars.
- Shuttle Bus Driver:drive people between the convention centre and the MF parking lot. Class 4 license and a driver’s abstract (from Motor Vehicle Branch) required.
- Ticket Sales: Film Festival tickets sales at Ticket Booth. sell tickets at the door. Handle cash and credit card machines.
- Usher:assist with seating, crowd control and offerings in general sessions.
Audio-Video Production Assistants
- Video Director: Direct a small team of camera operators and PowerPoint operator
- Camera Operator: Camera operators for both multi-camera and single-camera recordings.
- PowerPoint Operator: To control the plenary session screen presentations
- Production assistant: Assists the director with the live production, cueing and playing all needed media recordings
- Set up
- Tear down
- Audio Production Team Leaders: Assist with training and supervising the audio team
- Audio Operators: Help to setup and operate small PA systems and projectors
- Audio Editors: Recording and editing of Seminars and Plenary Sessions. Missions Fest will be providing training at a soon to be announced date.
- Duplication Team Leader: Assist with training and supervising the duplication team
- Duplication: Duplicating and labelling DVDs and CDs
- Cashiers: Take inquiries, orders, payments (cash & credit cards) and operate the cashier machines.
- Stock Handlers: Manage stock and completion of orders of CDs and DVDs.