Apply to a Working Team Committee
Our conference relies on volunteer leadership to be successful. Join the committee of one of our Working Teams to help plan the conference. Our September 17th Planning Meeting at Cariboo Rd Christian Church @ 7pm is the time to get involved.
How to apply as a volunteer:
- Phone: Call us and register by phone at (604) 524-9944.
Ways to help through the year
- Envelope stuffing
Areas to Help at the 2016 Conference
(Volunteer applications will be available in Fall 2016)
- Audio/Video Assistants: help with camera operation, switchers, directors, power points, audio/video recordings, duplication.
- Audio/Video Sales: help with counter sales,use cash register, answer questions from the public.
- Backpacks: take in, store, and return backpacks.
- Billeting: provide accommodation for out-of-town missions guests.
- Children: assist in the children’s program with registration, activities, crowd control, etc. Police check within the last 5 years is required.
- Coat Check: take in, store, and return coats.
- Communications Dispatcher: help with two-way radio communication and dispatch.
- Facilities: assist with venue logistics, trouble shooting, traffic, moving equipment and people.
- Film Festival: Ticket takers and ushers, hand out programs, seat people and answer questions.
- Finance: pastoral references required to assist with offerings, bookkeeping, etc.
- Information Host: welcome people, answer questions, know details of the program guide.
- Missions Opportunities: information booth with access to the Missions Fest, exhibitors and related mission websites..
- Move-in/Move-out: assist with the moving of equipment and supplies during Set-up on Thursday and Friday morning and Take-down on Sunday afternoon.
- On-Site Office: Located in Exhibition Hall B, assist MF staff, answer questions from the general public and agencies.
- Parking: assist in the parking of vehicles in the MF Holding Lot at the waterfront – outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Photographers: take on specific assignments for a particular part of the conference.
- PowerPoint Operator (Experienced):prepare, operate Power Point for general sessions and youth rallies.
- Prayer: Pray for the world, missions, the conference; be available, if needed, to pray with others; help maintain a quiet prayer room.
- Seminar Host or Seminar Host Assistant: assist the host or the presenter with an introduction, seating, hand-outs and crowd control in seminars.
- Shuttle Bus Driver:drive people between the convention centre and the MF parking lot. Class 4 license and a driver’s abstract (from Motor Vehicle Branch) required.
- Ticket Sales: Film Festival tickets sales at Ticket Booth. sell tickets at the door. Handle cash and credit card machines.
- Usher:assist with seating, crowd control and offerings in general sessions.
Audio-Video Production Assistants
- Video Director: Direct a small team of camera operators and PowerPoint operator
- Camera Operator: Camera operators for both multi-camera and single-camera recordings.
- PowerPoint Operator: To control the plenary session screen presentations
- Production assistant: Assists the director with the live production, cueing and playing all needed media recordings
- Set up
- Tear down
- Audio Production Team Leaders: Assist with training and supervising the audio team
- Audio Operators: Help to setup and operate small PA systems and projectors
- Audio Editors: Recording and editing of Seminars and Plenary Sessions. Missions Fest will be providing training at a soon to be announced date.
- Duplication Team Leader: Assist with training and supervising the duplication team
- Duplication: Duplicating and labelling DVDs and CDs
- Cashiers: Take inquiries, orders, payments (cash & credit cards) and operate the cashier machines.
- Stock Handlers: Manage stock and completion of orders of CDs and DVDs.