How to apply as a volunteer:Online Sing Up in October! Download Volunteer brochure
- Phone: Call us and register by phone at (604) 524-9944. Please have your job preference and time availability ready.
- Mail, Email or Fax us this Volunteer Application
Print this Volunteer Brochure to distribute it at your church. Only for persons living in British Columbia and Northern Washington.
Ways to Help throughout the Year:
Envelope Stuffing Days
Cariboo Road Church
7200 Cariboo Rd Burnaby
Time: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Give as much time as you can for all or just part of the day.
Lunch will be provided. RSVP for lunch to Sharon 604.524.9944
Distribution: Assist with the distribution of bulletin inserts and magazines to churches.
Office Help: Help with mailings and other office tasks. Call volunteers and churches.
Ways to Help at the 2015 Conference:
- Audio/Video Assistants: help with camera operation, switchers, directors, power points, audio/video recordings, duplication. Orientation: 9am -12 noon, Jan 17, 2015 @ 7200 Cariboo Rd Bby.
- Audio/Video Sales: help with counter sales,use cash register, answer questions from the public.
- Backpacks: take in, store, and return backpacks.
- Billeting: provide accommodation for out-of-town missions guests.
- Children: assist in the children’s program with registration, activities, crowd control, etc. Police check within the last 5 years is required.
- Coat Check: take in, store, and return coats.
- Communications Dispatcher: help with two-way radio communication and dispatch.
- Facilities: assist with venue logistics, trouble shooting, traffic, moving equipment and people.
- Festival: Ticket takers and ushers, hand out programs, seat people and answer questions.
- Finance: pastoralreferences required to assist with offerings, bookkeeping, etc.
- Information Host: welcome people, answer questions, know details of the program guide.
- Missions Opportunities: help people with our online computer matching service for those wanting to find out more about missionary service.
- Move-in/Move-out: assist with the moving of equipment and supplies during Set-up on Thursday and Friday morning and Take-down on Sunday afternoon.
- On-Site Office: Located in Exhibition Hall B, assist MF staff, answer questions from the general public and agencies.
- Parking: assist in the parking of vehicles in the MF Holding Lot at the waterfront – outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Photographers: take on specific assignments for a particular part of the conference.
- PowerPoint Operator (Experienced):prepare, operate Power Point for general sessions and youth rallies.
- Prayer: Pray for the world, missions, the conference; be available, if needed, to pray with others; help maintain a quiet prayer room.
- Seminar Host or Seminar Host Assistant: assist the host or the presenter with an introduction, seating, hand-outs and crowd control in seminars.
- Shuttle Bus Driver:drive people between the convention centre and the MF parking lot. Class 4 license and a driver’s abstract (from Motor Vehicle Branch) required.
- Ticket Sales: sell tickets at the door. Handle cash and credit card machines.
- Usher:assist with seating, crowd control and offerings in general sessions.
More on Video Production Assistants
- Video Director: Direct a small team of camera operators and PowerPoint operator
- Camera Operator: Camera operators for both multi-camera and single-camera recordings. Training will be provided on January 17, 2015.
- PowerPoint Operator: To control the plenary session screen presentations
- Production assistant: Assists the director with the live production, cueing and playing all needed media recordings
- Set up Thursday Jan 29, 2015: 3 pm onward. Light dinner will be provided.
- Tear down Sunday night Feb 1, 2015: About 3:30 pm till 7 pm
Training on January 17, 2015 9 am – noon, Missions Fest Offices 7200 Cariboo Road Burnaby
- Audio Production Team Leaders: Assist with training and supervising the audio team
- Audio Operators: Help to setup and operate small PA systems and projectors
- Audio Editors: Recording and editing of Seminars and Plenary Sessions. Missions Fest will be providing training at a soon to be announced date.
- Duplication Team Leader: Assist with training and supervising the duplication team
- Duplication: Duplicating and labelling DVDs and CDs
- Cashiers: Take inquiries, orders, payments (cash & credit cards) and operate the cashier machines.
- Stock Handlers: Manage stock and completion of orders of CDs and DVDs.
- Phone: Call us and register as a volunteer by phone at (604) 524-9944. Please have your job preference and time availability ready.
- Mail, Email or Fax us this volunteer brochure