Make a difference through volunteering.
At Missions Fest we rely on the support of hundreds of volunteers to operate through the year and particularly at the conference. There are lots of positions with different skill levels (See below). We have a place for everyone.
Groups: Our volunteer sign-up system allows you to sign up a group. This is a great opportunity for homegroups, Bible study groups or mission committees to serve the Church and the city. If you prefer you can send us a list of your group members. Just identify the contact person, the area in which you’d like to serve, date/time, and include the names and email addresses of each volunteer. This information can be forwarded to the office at: email@example.com
For inquiries call our office: 604.524.9944
By choosing to volunteer at the Missions Fest Conference or throughout the year you acknowledge that:
- You are 18 years of age or older or have written parental approval,
- You release Missions Fest from any liability for injury, damage or death which may result from your activities as a volunteer,
- You permit publication of your photo in Missions Fest promotional materials and
- You agree to treat the public and your fellow teammates with kindness and respect regardless of their different background or opinions.
Conference Working Team Committee – How to Apply
Volunteer leaders are the heartbeat of the Missions Fest Conference. Join the committee of one of our Working Teams to help plan the conference. Teams begin work with their first Planning Meeting at Cariboo Rd Christian Church in September.
For inquiries call our office: 604.524.9944
- Audio/Video Assistants: help with camera operation, powerpoint, switchers, directors, audio/video recordings, duplication. Training day in January at Cariboo Road Christian Fellowship.
- Audio/Video Sales: help with counter sales,use cash register, answer questions from the public.
- Backpacks: take in, store, and return backpacks
- Children: assist in the children’s program with registration, activities, crowd control, etc. Police check within the last 5 years is required.
- Coat Check: take in, store, and return coats.
- Facilities: assist with venue logistics, trouble shooting, traffic, moving equipment and people.
- Film Festival: Ticket takers and ushers, hand out programs, seat people and answer questions.
- Information Host: welcome people, answer questions, know details of the program guide.
- Move-in/Move-out: assist with the moving of equipment and supplies during Set-up on Thursday and Friday morning and Take-down on Sunday afternoon.
- On-Site Office: Located in Exhibition Hall B, assist MF staff, answer questions from the general public and agencies.
- Parking: Assist in the parking of vehicles in the MF Holding Lot at the waterfront – outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Photographers: Take on specific assignments for a particular part of the conference.
- Prayer: Pray for the world, missions, the conference; be available, if needed, to pray with others; help maintain a quiet prayer room.
- Shuttle Bus Driver: Drive people between the convention centre and the MF parking lot. Class 4 license and a driver’s abstract (from Motor Vehicle Branch) required.
- Ticket Sales: Film Festival tickets sales at Ticket Booth. sell tickets at the door. Handle cash and credit card machines.
- Usher: Assist with seating, crowd control and offerings in general sessions.
- Video Director: Direct a small team of camera operators and PowerPoint operator
- Camera Operator: Camera operators for both multi-camera and single-camera recordings.
- PowerPoint Operator: To control the plenary session screen presentations
- Production assistant: Assists the director with the live production, cueing and playing all needed media recordings
- Set up
- Tear down
- Audio Production Team Leaders: Assist with training and supervising the audio team
- Audio Operators: Help to setup and operate small PA systems and projectors
- Audio Editors: Recording and editing of Seminars and Plenary Sessions. Missions Fest will be providing training at a soon to be announced date.
- Duplication Team Leader: Assist with training and supervising the duplication team
- Duplication: Duplicating and labelling DVDs and CDs
- Cashiers: Take inquiries, orders, payments (cash & credit cards) and operate the cashier machines.
- Stock Handlers: Manage stock and completion of orders of CDs and DVDs.