Missions Fest exists because sponsoring churches share a desire to be missional
Missions Fest serves Metro Vancouver by managing the largest annual missions conference in North America. Missions Fest is also the largest unifying event of the body of Christ in Metro Vancvouer. The partnership of Missions Fest and the church is a testimony to the value we place on Christ’s mission and on being the missional church. This conference makes world class resources available to the entire Christian community. We believe that no single church can do what we do together. Every year we have hundreds of relevant presentations on the latest missional topics, vibrant worship, films, and exhibits.
Responsibilities of a Sponsoring Church:
A Sponsoring Church
- Agrees to appoint one or two official representatives (maximum of two) who:
a) will serve as the liaison between our church and Missions Fest
b) will be appointed to be a voting member of the Missions Fest Society, whose responsibility it will be to attend the AGM and extraordinary general meetings*
c) may assist in planning the next Festival by joining a Working Team. (6/year – 2 x Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb)
d) will help recruit volunteers needed to facilitate the festival.
e) will help advertise Missions Fest events in our church
(See Appointment of Church Representative(s) form on next page.)
2. Marks the weekend of Missions Fest on their church calendar and invites their people to attend by facilitating pulpit announcements and by picking-up and distributing publicity materials in October.
3. Agrees to make a financial donation to assist with the preparations for the coming festival.
(A guideline is $3.00 per person based on their church’s average attendance.)
*Policies and membership forms may be found in our information package.
Benefits of Becoming a Sponsoring Church
By Pooling our Resources….
- Missions Fest brings you world renowned speakers who would otherwise be out of reach for most churches
- We are able to attract experienced mission personnel to present over one hundred relevant seminars for free. This would be prohibitively expensive for individual churches.
- We provide high quality age-specific programs for the whole family.
- We are able to attract hundreds of mission agencies to come and share their experience and expertise with our local people.
- We are able to connect your congregation to opportunities to serve with their unique gifts and talents both here and around the world throughout the year
- Missions Fest gives you access to information on world missions that a search engine can’t provide
- We are able to use first-class facilities.
By Working Together…
- You get a say in the planning of the conference. This event belongs to the local churches and exists only on this basis. The Board of Missions Fest is chosen from the church representatives which you select
- We break down isolation and encourage the church to walk together in diversity as the body of Christ
- We affirm unity in the body of Christ. Missions Fest gives your people the “big picture”. They will see your church having a significant part in global missions, not only within one’s denomination but also within the greater Body of Christ in the world
- We provide opportunities for individuals to hear God’s call
- We provide educational opportunities for individuals to become a valuable resource for your congregation.
- Missions Fest develops in your members a healthy, outward focus with a passion for the spiritually lost. They become generous givers understanding the needs of others, and how they can personally make a difference
- Missions Fest provides fresh perspectives and support for your missionally minded congregation
Other benefits of being a Sponsoring Church…
- Missions Fest gives you discounts on youth tickets and concerts, advance access to bulletin inserts, Program Guide Magazines and the promotional DVD
- Missions Fest gives you discounts on Classic Videos for your church library and education programs.
- Missions Fest lists your church as a sponsor in its publications.