Missions Fest exists because sponsoring churches work together under the banner of global and local missions.
A Sponsoring Church:
- Identifies with the purposes of Missions Fest as stated in the Policies of Missions Fest* and agrees with the Statement of Faith that is adopted by Missions Fest
- Understands that the defining marks of a Sponsoring Church is the following:
A Sponsoring Church agrees to appoint one or two official representatives (maximum of two) who will:
a. serve as liaisons between our church and Missions Fest
b. assist in planning the next Festival by attending the regular planning sessions (5 per year – Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, May)
c. help recruit volunteers needed to facilitate the festival
d. help advertise Missions Fest events in our church
e. attend the annual general meeting as a member* of the Society, held in May each year (See Appointment of Church Representative(s) form on page 9.)
- Marks the weekend of Missions Fest on their church calendar and invites their people to attend by making pulpit announcements and by distribution of publicity materials
- Agrees to make a financial donation to assist with the preparations for the coming festival (A guideline is $2.00 per person based on their church’s average attendance.)
*Policies and membership forms may be found in our information package.
By Pooling our Resources:
- We are able to invite several world-renowned speakers annually who would otherwise be out of reach for most sponsoring churches.
- We are able to attract experienced mission personnel to present over one hundred relevant seminars for free. This would be prohibitively expensive for individual churches.
- We are able to provide high quality age-specific programs for children, youth and adults – for the whole family.
- We are able to attract hundreds of mission agencies to come and offer world-wide opportunities and expertise to our own local people.
- We are able to use and acquire first-class facilities for a variety of uses such as seminars, rallies, and exhibits, which attract participants from beyond our local area.
- We are able to offer discounts on accommodations in first-class hotels in close proximity to the conference centre.
- We are able to provide sponsoring churches with discounts on some ticketed events.
- General admission to the conference is FREE!
By Working Together:
- We provide opportunities for individual church members to hear God’s call and we encourage them to confirm this with their own pastor.
- We provide opportunities for your members to explore and use one’s giftedness and to be affirmed and encouraged in this.
- We raise awareness of needs around the world which in turn develops a healthy, outward focus beginning with the local community around your church.
- We provide educational opportunities for individuals who will become a valuable resource within your church. This also includes educational missions materials at a discounted rate.
- We provide fresh perspectives and support for your missions committees.
- We affirm unity in the body of Christ by bringing together individuals from many different denominations.
- Individuals in sponsoring churches tend to become generous givers.
- Compassion and caring for others increases.
- Your people are given the “big picture” of world missions, so that it places your church’s missions in perspective.
- The local congregation is in the “driver’s seat”. This event belongs to the local church and exists only on this basis. You have a say in the planning of Missions Fest.
- Having become North America’s largest annual world missions conference sponsored by local churches, God is using it to have a major impact on the world at large.
- We provide an opportunity for your church to be seen as having a significant part in global mission, not only within one’s denomination but also within the greater Body of Christ.
- Discounts on tickets and Video Classics as well as advance access to bulletin inserts, Program Guide Magazines and the promotional DVD.
- 2014 Renewal Sponsoring Church » — Fill out Form Now
- View 2013 Conference Calendar »
- Resources only for Sponsoring Churches »