The goal of Missions Fest Vancouver is to help individuals find their place where their interests and abilities can best be put to use in the Great Harvest.
Our three-fold purposes are:
- To provide information about the needs (physical, spiritual) around the world and the opportunities to serve,
- To celebrate what God is doing through His people around the world, and
- To challenge people of all ages to get involved in the Great Commission by going, sending, praying, and giving.
Our Core Values
1. We believe that everyone in every group around the world should hear at least once, that God sent Jesus to live among us to show us the way to God.
Furthermore, after Jesus died, He arose from the dead, was seen by many witnesses (small & large groups) who interacted with him and ate with him.
2. We believe that it is possible to know God in a personal, intimate way.
John, one of Jesus’ followers, said of Jesus that God so loved the world that he sent Jesus, and whoever believes in Jesus would have eternal life.
Jesus, himself said that He is the way to God. He died a sacrificial death so that we may have forgiveness of all the wrong things we have done and have peace with God.
Jesus also said that if we opened the door of our hearts to Him, He would come into our hearts and this intimate relationship with God would begin.
3. We believe that as followers of Jesus, we should obey two very important instructions that he gave:
a. The First and Greatest Commandment. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The second is like it, “ Love your neighbour as yourself.”
b. The Great Commission. “…go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
Our Statement of Faith
(as adopted by Missions Fest)
Missions Fest includes a broad spectrum of Christian denominations and organizations.
- that there is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- in the divine inspiration of Holy Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- in the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, making man subject to God’s wrath and everlasting damnation ;
- in the substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole ground for redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin;
- in the justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead;
- in the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer;
- in the unity and common priesthood of all true believers, who together form the one universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head;
- in the expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ; and…
- in the mandate to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything that is commanded.