Guidelines for Guest Writers
Churches, exhibitors or individuals interested in contributing to the missionalogical reflections as we plan for Missions Fest 2017 are invited to follow the guidelines below:
- 1) Theme
- Option 1: The 2017 Missions Fest theme is: “Justice and the Gospel” so we are inviting our writers and churches to reflect on Mission under the light of ‘Justice.’
Missions Fest’s working definition of justice is: “Justice is a right relation to God, actively overflowing to self, neighbor, and creation: a foretaste of the flourishing and peace of God’s Shalom.”
Option 2: Missional Collaborations between churches and para-church organizations.
- 2) Story telling. Include a portion or whole story of your journey, trip, or initiative including: what prompted you to go where you went? Or to be part of the initiative? What were/are the challenges, the joys and the learned lessons of your journey/trip/initiative so far?
- 3) A call to one of the following two:
- a) missional action or imagination around “Gospel and Justice” in the context of the ministry, journey initiative you are writing about, or
- b) prayer, share a prayer (2 or 3 lines max)
- 4) Word count: 500-700 words. Images/photos are welcomed. External links to relevant content/resources are welcomed.
- 5) Re-publication. You are most welcome to republish/repurpose the content of the submitted blog in other places of your choice.
Candidate guest writers contact Claudia at unity[at]missionsfestvancouver.ca